Thursday, April 12, 2007

what to say, what to say

I'm not sure what I'm thinking with this whole blog thing. Maybe I'm doing it because it's the cool thing to do (little shout out to Mindy C). Trust me, it's not because I feel like I have something valuable to say... especially considering the writing of these things will most likely happen after my brain has passed its most alert and intellectual point for the day. What's funny is I've never been able to even keep a diary for more than a week, so exactly what I'm thinking, trying to keep up a blog that other people are supposed to regularly read and respond to, is more humorous than you realize. [Note to self - probably not a good idea to watch TV while trying to write] My attention span, at its most ambitious, is a bit sketchy (and that's with nothing going on), much less with a big colorful box talking to me about how to survive if I get stranded on a volcanic island with nothing but a styrofoam cup and a gum wrapper. Anyway, it might be more productive of me to write on my balcony staring at the pretty lake. Of course, knowing me, I'd probably just get distracted by the water, a passing duck, a leaf, or perhaps a random drop of condensation that mysteriously"shows up" on my chair. Who knows? I'll solve the writing/concentration issue later... along with a few smaller, insignificant items like global warming, increasing gas prices, world peace, and deciding which song most appropriately should be played at all future Angelina Jolie sitings (pretty sure "We Are the World" is quickly becoming the front runner). It may just be - that any time I write a blog -I allot a large amount of time to accommodate both the TV watching and the writing (or accommodate basically any distraction... and the writing). Anyway, I'm going to give it a go. We'll see what happens. My only request of anyone reading my random thoughts is to be sure and set your expectations very... very... and one more for good measure... VERY... low.

4 comments:

mindy clarkson said...

oh...expectations are certainly high my friend!! a girl as witty and humerous as you? i expect myself audibly laughing at least twice per blog post. you got it the first time around with "distracted by a leaf" and something else that now escapes me. it must have fallen into the black hole in my brain that holds the previous comment that replaced "ocho de april". one day...i am sure i will all of a sudden bust out laughing because i have retrieved the files. excited to check your blog...i'll be a regular for sure.

Matt Davis said...

Wow, I feel like I'm at practice all over again. I kid.

Well, if Mindy is going to be a regular, then I suppose it couldn't hurt if I became one also.

mindy clarkson said...

"nothing but a styromfoam cup and gum wrapper." that was the other one! i told you i would retrieve the file at some point.

btw; good words that you added. did you come up with menagerie by yourself or did you see that kevin and i had added it? pretty ironic if you came up with it too. i think i will type up a new list because i have added quite a few.

Keri said...

menagerie just came to me - i didn't know you two had listed it as well. great minds....

yeah, i'm thinking the word list is going to be an ongoing collection. of course, they'll come to mind like last night when a laptop is nowhere to be seen. But, in the end, we will prevail. We will conquer and complete the dictionary of cool.